Returns - Consumers
Incorrectly ordered or non-faulty products must be returned to Smiths within 30 days in unused, resalable condition. Shipping costs are non-refundable and the cost of returning a non-faulty product is the customers responsibility.
To make a return contact customer service to generate a GRA by phoning us on 0800 437 638 or emailing your order details to email@example.com
Returns will attract a 25% restocking fee
If your item is faulty please refer to the warranty return policy below.
Our products come with a minimum 12 months warranty; some items have a 2-year warranty. Products with 2-year warranties are noted in the product description.
Electrical products must be fitted by a registered Electrician, Plumber, service agent or suitably qualified person. The cost of installing an original or replacement product is payable by the customer.
Our warranty process is as follows:
- Contact customer service to generate a GRA (Goods Return Authorization) by phoning us on 0800 437 638 or emailing your order details to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief description of the fault.
- For electrical products we require proof of installation by a registered Electrician, Plumber, service agent or suitably qualified person.
- Smiths will email a courier label for return shipping. To expedite the claim process, we may ask that you send photos of the faulty product, if we can diagnose the fault visually it may not be necessary to return the product.
- Smiths will evaluate the faulty product within 7 days of receipt and offer to replace or credit your purchase.
- We reserve the right to refuse a warranty claim where the goods have been damaged, improperly used, or (for electrical products) not installed by a registered Electrician, Plumber, service agent or suitably qualified person
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act sets out certain guarantees goods have to meet. It specifies rights and remedies available to you if our goods fail to meet one or more of these guarantees. Smiths, its warranties, and its terms of sale will comply with all requirements of the Consumer Guarantees Act. For more information on your rights under the CGA please visit the consumer protection website here.
Returns & Warranty - Businesses
If you are acquiring goods from Smiths for the purposes of resale or for business purposes as defined in the CGA, you agree to “contract out” of the CGA and agree that the consumer guarantees provided for in the CGA will not apply to the goods sold by Smiths.
A copy of Smiths business returns & warranty policy can be found here.